Tuesday, December 06, 2005

One more from the collection

191/64/193 ‘Birth of Death’

Busy! Busy!
Murmured the whole room;
Moaned the old angel.

Now I am there just beside you;
No business! I will be there throughout;
Don’t look me through thy eyes,
Eyes that have turned stone,
Eyes that have become still and lifeless;
I know you want to talk to me,
But dare not to do so!
You have talked to me of the heights of sky,
Now its my chance.

Who knew that, that strong being would sublime one day,
What a folly it is!
A person who never lost her will,
A person who faced every difficulty,
with cup of life filled up to the brim,
the person who saw her daughter turn to dust,
being carried away against her will.

But I was happy to be there till the end,
The very end of my Grandma’s life.

“You rascal, bought a gift for your mother and not for me”;
I promised to bring her one;
And fulfilled it though she was senseless to feel its grace.
She went to heaven draped in a saree,
Saree, I bought, from my money, my very own money.

She looked as though a motherly figure,
an angel draped in white.
And she was ultimately burnt, in the broad day light.
How strong she was to bear the heat;
heat of love, heat of separation.

And yet another chapter closed down in the corporation-
“Saraswati Devi, w/o Late Shri Om Dutt Sharma dead”.
Registration number 191/64/193.

No comments: