Friday, January 02, 2009

Stray thoughts !

People reading this just don’t scratch your head. Just don’t rip off your hairs. I guess lack of sleep does this to people :)

I was having strange thoughts about how human mind works. My head had all the racing thoughts that are your emotions connected to your head. Or is it the vice versa. For many people the difference in both the thoughts may not be visible. For many it becomes a way of life. For many it is important that there emotions be in line with what they think. For many it is all about getting your mind to think and rationalize your emotions. Well confused people won’t find an answer here. I go by the latter view. Not many people are gonna agree with it. After all who imagines a guy saying this! Who imagines a supposedly tough person saying that emotions sometimes run what you think. But anyways not touching the line of female empowerment ;-) I would like to say Gimme a break damn it ! I am vulnerable too !

I have a strong belief that the societal belief of males being strong ain’t correct in totality. I would just say that control over their emotions maybe a tiny winy bit more in guys. But then maybe this too is driven by society. Afterall a crying male is a laughing stalk and a crying female is supposedly having some trouble. Though it maybe just that loss of nail polish or that much carefully grown nail but if she is crying there is nothing weird about it. Sigh ! that’s how the world works. That’s how we develop sciences. We develop psychology of people. We develop emotional and mental profiles.

Damn, people actually do there doctorates in these and are actually right. Believe me this is what I wanted to write about. How predictable we are! And when we do something out of the way it becomes adventure.

But my mind counter questions me. Is everything being predictable good ?

And that is where my mind crops up with all the negatives and positives, pros and cons about the whole idea.

After all isn’t it predictability based on which people create psychological profiles. Well so many heinous crimes are saved just by the correct way that psychologists are able to create the criminal profiles. Ever wondered why a serial killer always has a style. I mean what kind of nut would do the same thing in the similar manner so that a spectacled psychologist in an air conditioned room can just create a profile on him. But sadly enough this is true. It happens this way. For serious people, my apologies here for my knowledge about this profiling is just based on movies J

But then isn’t this same predictability results in the sweetest thing in the world. For instance the fact that what is right and what is wrong for a gift to the girl you wanna woo. Or for that matter how your girlfriend may react in a certain situation.

And how do people work their intuitions here. Maybe by knowing there target more. By doing what she expect and when she expect.

Believe me 99% surprises are surprises because they are meant to be happy. A bad news is never a surprise. It is rationalized with your thoughts that you knew somewhere this would happen.

Hell lets bring down the percentage to 85 % and leave the 15% to really sadistic people who always bring bad surprises. And believe me when someone wrote that One should be prepared for all eventualities he was thinking of all these 15 % situations.

But from where I see you always have in mind that this thing, this not so good a thing may happen. But then your heart doesn’t goes along with your mind. And finally we are able to convince our minds saying a single word – Maybe not ! (pardon me they became two words :D)

But thinking of it positively this Maybe not is the single driving force behind many. After all it is what I call as the Ray of hope when it is dark everywhere. For instance after analyzing all the practical situations and so called political correctness in my team I realized I won’t get a good grade but then that Maybe not kept me driving till the day I got that bad surprise.

But still at times predictability sucks big time. Specially when we can’t do anything about it. It instills that constant fear. After all what is fear. Ain’t it the predictability of something going wrong! On the war front the predictability of getting hit by a bullet, on the personal front the predictability of loss. Predictability of failing when not studying for a test to predictability of loosing money the wrong way.

But then how far does this fear helps. I think very little. Because this is the exact place where we convince and rationalize our thoughts to kick away those negative possibilities. And it is this way that we get a sad surprise.

One more example, all your loved ones are gonna go away someday. But then why fear losing them. Perhaps the Maybe not factor is to high in all of us. Our parents are gonna die someday but then still that sense of loss and grief is so real. Afterall everyone including me never want this to happen. But an early death, an untimely death is something that really tears a person apart. I asked myself why does this happen. I did not get an answer. I think maybe we have never prepared ourself for this. We did not have the Maybe not factor for this.

We feel sad when something happens not because it happened but more because we did not want it to happen. Being predictable is the way of life.

Believe me it may seem tough but if we are deep into a situation, if we know the person very well it just becomes so predictable what he or she will do next. This single philosophy is the bread and butter of all the psychologists of this world !

Its this single thought that helps them give therapy to estranged people, to draw philosophies from conflict.

Believe me when I say the wars with the guns are never successful, the war on the ideologies are what yield a winner.

But then what makes a person happy. The conventional wisdom of elders saying that you think first or the truth that you feel first.

I don’t have an answer. I believe that in most of the situations we let our emotions run high. We let our mind rationalize that what we are thinking is right. Which gives arise to two questions: what is a conflict and what is a compromise.

I believe conflict arises when two people are not able to convince each other with there emotions. When they are not able to rationalize there feelings on a common ground. And this is where compromise comes in. Compromise is nothing but conditioning your head to think that you are doing something against your emotions for something better however much materialistic it maybe. Isn’t professionalism truly is doing compromise to satisfy your materialistic needs.

True happiness really comes in when what you do think and feel are in line. And this process gotta be controlled by feelings only for I do not see a way out of feeling differently. You feel, you feel. And that’s what all of us do. We rationalize with what we are feeling, or to put it another way we bring our thoughts to what we feel. And that is how people are predictable. For what it is worth, they may have done a different assessment about themselves if they were not them. And that is why so many psychologists earn !

1 comment:

MoonStone said...

kya ho gaya sirji...
itna kaise ekdum se emotions ki dhara me behne lage...

waise I think some of the things you have touched upon here, really make sense.